STANDARDIZED SOLUTIONS OFFER MANY BENEFITS
Full future freedom ensured through standardized and open technologies
We believe the proprietary era where one choice strictly limits your options for further choices, is coming to an end. We have therefore chosen standardized and open technologies for data transfer all the way from sensors to humans. The potential for cost reductions are significant. Both today and in the future. Standardization facilitates copying; a solution made for one application can be used for any other application.
Open technology; means the freedom to choose the most cost effective solutions without having to take into account the specific requirements from particular suppliers or brands. Communication via the Internet means reduced operating cost, improved basis for decisions and reduced exposure from hazardous working environments.
Scalable systems provide the flexibility to adapt to changes in conditions with limited use of resources.
An open standard is characterized by:
- It`s adopted and will be maintained by a not-for-profit organization, and its ongoing development occurs on the basis of an open decision-making procedure available to all interested parties (consensus or majority decision etc.)
- There are no constraints on the re-use of the standard
Open standards provide benefits that matters:
- Application Independence: To ensure that access to resources is not dependent on a single application.
- Platform Independence: To ensure that access to resources is not restricted to particular hardware platforms.
- Long-term Access: To ensure that quality scholarly resources can be preserved and accessed over a long time frame.
- Architectural Integrity: To ensure that the architectural framework for IT developments is robust and can be further developed in the future.
Architectural Integrity: To ensure that the architectural framework for IT developments is robust and can be further developed in the future.