OPC UA FOR STANDARDIZED DATA EXCHANGE
OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) is the data exchange standard for safe, reliable, manufacturer- and platform independent industrial communication. It enables data exchange between products from different manufacturers and across systems.
OPC UA is characterized by:
- Standardized (both within the system and between different systems)
- All platforms (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, etc.)
- Scalable (the system can be easily extended or vice versa)
- Safe (active use of security certificates)
- Reliable communication (information stored and transmitted
when the receiver is ready)
OPC UA provides secure transfer of real-time data from the sensor to the outside world:
- Within machinery
- Between machines
- Between machines and the outside world
- Between systems (also from different suppliers)
- Bringing together the subsystems into one system speaking one language
OPC UA facilitates the consept of Industry 4.0 and the ISA-95 standard for exchange of general, technical and business information. Ecco it is member of the OPC UA foundation.