Integration of systems into one complete control system release resources
System integration is the process of bringing together subsystems into one common system and ensuring that they function together as a whole. Integration by use of OPC UA technology standard provides obvious gains:
- One team of operators control all connected systems
- Free exchange of data as all systems speak the same language
- Free exchange also provides a deeper understanding and improved basis for making decisions
- All systems monitored through a common communication network (not a lot of separate monitors and networks)
- Full flexibility; remove existing component and put in a new by plug and play
Unfortunately is common practice quite unsustainable; achieve short-term ad-hoc objectives by creating dedicated point-to-point links between the subsystems everywhere it is necessary.